GROUND GRID CONNECTOR
CPI Ground Grid Connectors are a Safe, Fast and Dependable Method of making permanent wire-to-wire and wire-to-rod connections for a variety of grounding applications.
This product uses a special Shear-Head bolt to drive a wedge into the connector to activate the connector. When the proper torque and spring tension is achieved, the bolt head shears off, giving the installer a positive indication of an optimum connection.
- Requires NO Special Molds, Chemicals, Tools, Crimping Dies, or Fire-On Charges.
- Can be fully installed with a common socket, impact or ratchet wrench.
- There are no temperature or weather restrictions for installation. This product can be installed no matter what environment exists at the job site.
- The Shear-Head bolt ensures consistency of application and positive verification of a completed connection.
- Constructed using the highest quality Copper and Bronze Alloys to ensure conductivity and durability for reliable performance.
- Fully tested to IEEE standard 837.
- 1. Mechanical Pullout
- 2. Electromagnetic Force
- 3. Current-Temperature Cycling
- 4. Freeze-Thaw
- 5. Corrosion-Nitric Acid
- 6. Fault Current, 35 kA rms. sym. at .02 sec.
- 7. Thermal Shock and Accelerated Corrosion
- Typical Applications include:
- 1. Substation Ground Grids
- 2. Pole grounds transmission line grounding
- 3. Industrial/Residential service grounds
- 4. Pad Mount Transformers
- 5. Telco distribution, CATV grounds
- 6. Wind Farms