CPI ALUMINUM WEDGE TAP CONNECTORS consist of a spring “C”-Body & wedge combined with a “shear-head” bolt. Offering a High Performance permanent connection that is Low Resistance, Durable and Easy to Install. The spring body of the connector will flex and maintain a constant force as thermal cycling causes conductors to expand and contract.
During installation, when proper spring tension is achieved, the Shear Head Bolt will break off giving the installer a positive indication of a correctly completed connection.
After years of successful installations, the CPI wedge design has become the only leading wedge system that can be installed without specialized tooling, providing a safe and easy installation that reduces or eliminates tooling inventory, maintenance and repair expense.
- Utilizes the industry-proven Wedge Connecting principle and is quick and easy
to apply with a common socket or impact wrench. NO SPECIAL TOOLS
- The “Spring-Like” qualities of the C-Body ensure permanent connection and maintains consistent pressure on the conductors.
- Installation time is quicker than conventional crimp-type or molded joints.
- Easily adaptable to standard hot-stick tools.
- High-conductivity grit type corrosion inhibitor is factory applied for ease of installation and longevity while the connector is in service.
- Meets or exceeds the current carrying capacity of the conductors being connected.
- Easy to remove and re-use without damaging the conductor.
- Recommended for use in critical high load areas and on overloaded circuits, as well as
- Remains permanently locked through fault current or power surges.
- May be used in non-corrosive environments to connect copper conductors.
- Excellent option for emergency restoration where outside crews might not have shooton or compression tooling.