The CPI Rail Connector is designed as a permanent connection for Cu conductor to a variety of rails used in Heavy Rail Mass Transit systems.
Constructed using a Heavy Duty Air Craft quality steel spring member, Copper Cable Nest, Indentor, Hex Head Bolt and Locking Nut.
- No need to drill holes in the rail.
- No need to weld conductor to the rail.
- The rail is not subjected to warping by excessive heat or to weakening by drilling.
- Labor Saving- Installation time is 1/6 man hours.
- Fewer rail connections required because of the large conductor capacity.
- 1. Single conductors up to 1000 MCM.
- 2. Dual conductors up to 750 MCM.
- Large conductors can be bent away from the rail after installation without the risk of damaging the connector. Unlike Compression type lugs that can crack during this process.
- The Clamp is an active spring that applies a consistent force on the conductor ensuring a positive connection through heat cycling and train vibration.
- The “J” shaped spring member of the connector helps overcome loosening problems associated with harsh train vibrations by flexing rather than breaking.
- Whereas a Static type connection doesn’t have this resiliency and could crack under prolonged vibration.
- The consistent spring pressure also prevents moisture and contamination from seeping into the connection.
- All Copper components are Tin Plated and Steel Components are Galvanized.